CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Scratch

Okay, now I know that I heard that. This old house tends to groan and creak and such, especially at night when the creep factor is at its max, but it has never scratched before. If I had a dog I would swear it was just him crossing in front of the door, the noise sounded just like dog nails as they walk across hardwood floors. Of course I don’t have a dog, so what could be making that noise. I know I turned off the TV before I got in the shower so it can’t be that. It’s probably just my imagination anyway, but I think I will cut the shower short and check it out.
Holy shit! That has got to be the biggest dog I have ever seen in my life. I guess my little dog analogy works for this one, but in retrospect I’m kind of wishing it hadn’t. It just stood there staring at me. It’s strange but I got the feeling that it was expecting something from me. He looked at me like he knew who I was. Come to think of it, why is he standing outside the door when he is obviously large enough to push it open? Tap, tap, tap, scratch, tap. What, now there are more of them? It sounds like he called in the reinforcements. Of course, because he couldn’t have killed me with one swipe of a paw if he wanted to, it will take at least six of them to bring me down, but only because they have to get through the door first and catch me.
Okay, I have been hiding in here for an hour now, and I haven’t heard anything else. That could mean two things: either they are still out there or I imagined the whole thing to begin with. Well, there’s only one way to find out…

0 comments: