CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

History Class

“I can’t believe how boring Sarge’s class was today! I mean, I actually came close to just walking out. How do you stand it, Jules? If he just let me play games on my computer during lectures it would be fine. But no, he has to sit behind me whenever he gets the chance and make sure that I am at maximum boredness.”
“Maybe he just wants you to pay attention so you can actually learn something? I’m sure he isn’t doing it just to torment you.”
“Well, he doesn’t do it to anyone else in the class who is on their computers. If he was a good teaher he would understand how to keep my attention so I wouldn’t have to find something else to do. It’s so bad that today I did English homework while pretending to take notes on the most boring PowerPoint presentation I have ever had to sit through. The really sad part is, I’m not even really missing anything. So far there is nothing I haven’t already learned somewhere else.”
“Lily, that doesn’t mean you can be rude. He is a professor so you have to give him the respect he’s paid for. Besides, it is up to you to learn. You only get out of it what you put into it.”
“Yeah, I know. But, Jules, I tried. I really wanted to learn about the battles and such, it is a Civil War class after all, but he’s not even teaching that stuff. We are supposed to teach the battles to each other. Not one group in the class has really worked together and done a great job. There are just a few people scattered around that know what they are doing and everyone else just leeches off of them. It’s horrible.”
“And I’m guessing you would be one of those people?”
“Damn strait!”

0 comments: