“Are you okay, Sam?”
“Of course, why wouldn’t I be okay? I actually got an A on my history exam today. Thanks for the help by the way, Audrey.”
“No problem. That’s great! But what about Jesse?”
“Jesse is fine. I’m pretty sure he is working tonight though, so I won’t get to see him after class. Why do you ask?” Though I might go surprise him at work. It’s not like he is ever really busy there after all.
“Well, Sam, who is my friend, I don’t think you are going to see Jesse for a while.”
“Why would you say that? Do you know something I don’t? Is he hurt? What happened? Oh my god! Is he dead? I can’t believe he’s gone – the love of my life. How will I ever live without him?”
“He’s not hurt or dead, Sam. But he is gone.”
“Thank god! Don’t scare me like that. And he’s not gone. I just saw him yesterday. Where did you get that idea?”
“I saw him yesterday too, Sam. He told me he was leaving. He is moving to Mass over the weekend. Didn’t he tell you?”
“No, Audrey, he didn’t tell me. And if he were leaving, he definitely would have said something. After all, we have been dating for three years now. I’m expecting to be engaged any day… Hey! Has he asked for your help choosing a ring yet? You know I like blue topaz and not diamonds, right? When is he going to ask? I want to be ready so I can act surprised!”
“Sam, I think you’re missing something here-“
“No, you are the one missing something. Jesse loves me and would never leave me. Especially without telling me first. He would never leave me.”
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Leaving
Posted by Cassandra at 9:39 AM
Labels: short story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment