“Are you kidding me?!? Did you seriously just steal my mushrooms? You ass!” Wyatt chose that moment to retaliate to the mushroom stealing by throwing a well aimed shell at Parker. “Ha! That’ll teach you to steal my mushrooms, asshole!”
“Right, because that wouldn’t be part of the game or anything would it, Wyatt? I mean, what is the world coming to when people actually try to win games when they are playing against each other? It’s madness, I tell you, madness!” Parker quickly managed to take the lead back after recovering from the shell scandal. About ten seconds later he won the race…again. “So, rematch or have you had your ass kicked enough for one night?”
“Like winning one race constitutes an ass-kicking? We’ve got a long night ahead before that could happen. We have plenty of time before we have to run anyway so it’s on.” In a hurry for no apparent reason, they chose their drivers and cars to begin a new race. Wyatt chose Wario and Yoshi with the convertible, while Parker took Mario and Toad in Mario’s car. “We have about two hours to get in as much racing as we can before night falls completely, so I’m guessing I’ll be up six races or so before our run.”
“In your dreams. This is my game, I always win. You might as well just give up on it already. By the way, I’ve got a killer amount of homework to do before moon rise so we’ll have to cut the playing time down to an hour at least. Much as I love the look of defeat on your face, I need an A in chem. so you’ll just have to live with a little bit of loss instead of a shit ton.” Parker really did want to play, but with the moon tonight, he needed to get work done ahead of time instead of playing catch-up later like Wyatt would.
“Right, cause you always win on run nights. Well, tonight is the night it will be different. Before the fur and fangs fly, I will annihilate your skinny little ass right here on Rainbow Road…that’s right, you’re going down!”
“‘Fur and fangs fly?’ Could you possibly be more dramatic? Besides, if you get to kick my ass in wolf form, I should at least get to beat you at Mario Kart. It’s only fair after all. Friends are supposed to share and not win everything. Didn’t your mother teach you that when you were a pup?” Parker had a feeling the rivalry would never end between him and Wyatt. It’s not like it was his fault he did better in school, he just worked harder for it.
“Yeah, yeah. Well, now that I’ve lost terribly, let’s head out for the woods. The run should be great tonight; it’s a clear sky so we can sing to the moon while actually looking at her for once. You know we’ve got a rematch tomorrow though right?”
“Of course we do, Wyatt. What else would we have to do with our time if we didn’t play video games?”
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Character Development
Posted by Cassandra at 9:28 AM
Labels: short story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment