CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Don't Forget to Smile

The day begins, like all before

Turn on the lights, and open the door

In comes the first dollar

“Good morning”

And don’t forget to smile

A trickle of people with questions that need answers

Do you work here?

No, I just like the shirt and nametag (Smile)

Do you have that thing that…

Maybe, but how would I know? (Smile)

Do you know if you have…

Nope, it’s my first day (Smile)

Would you have another out back?

Of course, I hide things (Smile)

Hot enough for you?

No, 90 degrees feels like winter (Smile)

On and on it goes as the trickle turns to a flood

Of course I love it when children allow me to pick up toys

If only for the first twelve times

I can’t wait until they get jobs

So I can summon them with sixteen bells

And don’t forget to smile

Now its time to sweep the floor, fix the shelves, do the mopping

Where have I heard this before?

Cinderella, Cinderella…never enough time

Run to the bank and don’t forget lunch

Hurry back for phone cards and change

And don’t forget to smile

Manage to hit the floor running

Finish it all in time to count money wrong

And again until its right

Why would you think we were closing?

Did the locked door give it away?

I’m so happy to stay ten minutes past time

And don’t forget to smile

Turn off the lights and close the door

Make it to the car before you know it

You’re home and the alarm goes off

Time to start all over again

And don’t forget to smile.

0 comments: